You Get What You Worry About



What do you do when you lose everything?
You probably start to worry and ask yourself questions like: "How will I now make a living?", "What if it's all over?", "Why did this happen to me?". Worry becomes the dominant emotion that you experience.
When you worry, do things get better? I don't know about you but whenever I worry, things just get worse, it's as if I'm attracting even more of what I don't want.
Let me share with you a story that I'm sure you're somewhat familiar with. As a student in school I would always do my homework, study and basically always be prepared for the next lesson. That is why I never had to worry about being called out by the teacher because I knew that I would be able to give the right answer.
However, this one time I did not do my homework, did not study and did not prepare. As I was sitting there in the classroom I was thinking to myself "Please, please ask somebody else, please don't ask me". And what did the teacher say? You're right, she said: "Lukasz, why don't you tell us about what we did last time."
If you've ever been in school, I'm sure you've experienced or witnessed similar situations countless times. For a very long time I couldn't understand why it was that the very thing that we don't want to happen to us, actually happens. A few weeks ago I began a deep study of the Law of Attraction and that's where I got the answer.
Are you ready for it? That's what I thought, let's get right down to it.
The Law of Attraction says: That which is like unto itself, is drawn. Basically, you get what you think about most of the time, no matter if you want it or not. You cannot feel unhappy and attract happiness. You cannot feel bored and attract fun. You cannot feel poor and attract money. And you cannot worry and attract peace of mind. That's the Law.
What causes you to attract people, circumstances and events into your life is your focus. When you look at something and say "I don't want that", you're actually saying to your mind "Come to me, the thing I don't want." I know what you're thinking, it sounded crazy to me too, but as I kept looking around, I eventually accepted it as truth.
Let's say you have an important exam ahead of you and you keep saying to yourself "I don't want to make a mistake, I don't want to fail. What if I fail? I don't want to fail." Chances are, something will go wrong. Can you remember a time when things did go wrong? What were you thinking then?
As unbelievable as it may sound, there is no such thing as "No". When you consciously say "Yes" to a thing you're saying "Come to me, the thing that I want". But, when you say "No", what you're actually saying is "Come to me, the thing that I don't want". In this world there is no exclusion.
Try not to think about the color blue. Don't think about blue. Don't think about blue. Don't think about blue. Don't think about blue. Don't think about blue. Don't think about blue. 
What do you think about as you try not to think about blue? - Blue!
The same thing applies to worry. When you think about all the terrible things that could happen, you bring them to reality, because your mind doesn't care if you want it or not. It only cares about what you give your focus and attention to. Focus on what you want, you get it. Focus on what you don't want, you get it as well.
Have you ever seen a flower? What happens when you water it? It grows, right? Well, what happens when you don't water it? It dies. The same applies to everything else with the difference that water is your attention.
Now, I'm not telling you to just go out and pretend that everything is perfect and you don't have any problems. That's delusion. What I'm saying is that you won't make things better by focusing on what is wrong. Remember, you get what you focus on. If you look at one thing that is wrong for too long, you'll find more things that are wrong.
Have you ever been upset with somebody? And when you focused on one thing they did that you didn't like, wasn't it that all of a sudden you could remember everything that you didn't like about them and just exploded with all that frustration?
Here's what you can do. See what is wrong and say "OK, I know that this is something I don't want. What do I want?" When you ask that question, you'll get an answer. If there is a question, there must be an answer.
When you discover what it is that you do want, focus 100% of your attention on it. That's it. No need to worry. If you focus on what you want, if you focus on the solution, you will get it. And you will get it because you were focused on what you did want rather than what you did not want.
How do you get rid of darkness? It's simple. You just turn on the light.

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More