Always Move Forward



10 years ago I was 25 years old. I had a lot more hair, a lot less girth and I just knew that I was destined to take my top spot in the field of Entertainment.
Doing what? It didn't really matter. Whether it was writing or directing I was convinced that I was going to become the Voice of the Generation.
Well, it's 10 years later and I'm still waiting for someone to swoop in and yell 'CUT!!!' on this special episode of Good Times that is my life. I'm still hoping that my halfhearted attempts at success will pay off and catapult me from Broke Street to Rich Road.
The funny thing is that while I have been waiting for the perfect opportunity to come along there were people around me doing the exact opposite and making things happen for themselves.
In some instances these people are ridiculously talented and in other instances they need to carry a dictionary and thesaurus with them to form basic sentences.
Bad grammar aside, in the 10 years I have been plotting and thinking of a master plan these people have conquered what I want and have now moved onto the next big thing.
So then, what's my next step?
Do I throw in the towel and begin waiting around for another ten years until my dreams become my reality? Hell No!
It's time to start over with a new way of thinking. Because holding onto the same mentality is a guarantee of nothing in life ever moving forward. I have learned that life should be about constant progression, not stagnation, complacency and regression.
Therefore, if I want my circumstances to change then I, too, must change.
At times pride and overconfidence can skew our vision towards going out and making things happen. So instead of doing the necessary work to advance ourselves we wait around, do as little as possible and just hope everything falls into place.
That's what I have been doing since I was 25 years old and it has taken me all of this time to realize that life doesn't work that way.
The only person who can change your life is you. You owe it to yourself to be successful. You owe it to yourself to do the work. You owe it to yourself to prove that you belong amongst the greatest.
Life is a long journey so why settle for shoddy work by using shortcuts? The only way you can rectify the mistakes of your past is to simply keep on moving. You may not know what's coming but stay focused and never stop believing in that dream you hold onto because there are people who started with less than you and have gone on to build empires. There is no limit to the possibilities in life so stop waiting around! Move forward. ALWAYS move forward and never look back.

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More